Ready.Set.Summer! is coming, March break is 3/13-3/17, share your feedback on the proposed 2023-2024 school calendar
Upcoming proposal for 2023-2024 school calendar
To help improve student learning outcomes, we will be proposing investments of collaborative time for teachers to work together toward student success in the 2023-2024 school year. To create this time:
- Friday morning bell-times would be delayed by 90 minutes (Friday dismissal times would remain unchanged);
- Bell-times for Mondays-Thursdays would remain the same.
- Bus transportation would still be provided for eligible students Mondays - Fridays.
This proposed calendar begins for students on Thursday, Aug. 17, 2023 and ends on May 23, 2024; you can click here to see a draft copy of the calendar (pending Board approval). This proposal will not decrease student learning time or teacher planning time; it would (pending board approval) add nine instructional days for students. Please click here for more information about the proposal and to share your feedback. This form will close at 12pm on Friday, March 10.
Board of Education re-opens District 2 appointment application
During its regular meeting on Monday, March 6, the Tulsa Board of Education voted to re-open the application for appointment to represent Board District 2. The Board will accept applications until 12 p.m. on Wednesday, March 8. Residents of District 2 can find information about eligibility for board service and complete the application online at www.tulsaschools.org/board.
- Enrollment placements are coming! If you participated in the 2023-2024 enrollment window, look for information about your child’s placement by the end of March.
- Ready.Set.Summer! registration opens on Monday, April 3. This year’s program runs from Monday, July 5 - Wednesday, July 28. Visit www.tulsaschools.org/summer for more.
- Have safety concerns? Call or text our See.Hear.Share hotline at 918-480-SAFE.
- Get free tutoring and homework help! Click here or visit https://portal.fevtutor.com/.
- Need tax help? Click here to schedule an appointment at our Parent Resource Center.
- Volunteer during spring break! Click here for information about opportunities to support Meals on Wheels.
Seen on social media:
- TRAICE Academy students had a living museum for Black History Month.
- Felicitas Mendez International held their Spring Student Showcase.
- Superintendent Gist spoke with Executive Director Caroline Shaw about after school programs.
Seen around the district:
- Booker T. Washington High School teacher Traci Manuel named 2023 Oklahoma Teacher of the Year!
- Tulsa Public Schools Metro Honor Band performed a concert at Edison Preparatory last Friday!
- We’re celebrating all of our site-level Teacher and Support Employees of the Year!
- Thursday, March 9: no classes for teacher professional learning.
- Friday, March 10: no classes for parent/teacher conferences; contact your child’s school to schedule yours
- March 13- 17: spring break! Classes resume Monday, March 20.
- Monday, March 20: Board of Education regular meeting at 6:30pm at the Education Service Center, click here for more information
Stay connected with us!
Facebook | Twitter | | Instagram | Website
Tulsa Public Schools students lead through literacy, are empowered through experience, and contribute to their community. We honor the diversity, creativity, and passion of our students, elevating every student to be designers of their destiny. Learn more about Pathways to Opportunity, our plan for the next five years.